Friday, August 3, 2012

UNHOLY GHOSTS (DOWNSIDE GHOSTS #1) by Stacia Kane_Review

Unholy Ghosts (Downside Ghosts, #1)Unholy Ghosts by Stacia Kane

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Review of Unholy Ghosts by Stacia Kane Downside Ghosts #1

This is one of the best books I’ve ever read. I literally could not stop reading, and I’m determined to read the rest of the series (which I think is currently up to 6, plus 2 in-betweens). Despite the rampant violence, threats of violence, deaths, cursing, I still loved the book. “Unholy Ghosts” is so fast-paced, it’s incredible. Author Stacia Kane juggles a tremendous number of plot lines and makes it work. There are at least three-count ‘em, three-romances or potential romances going on-both “upscale” and “slumming”-and Ms. Kane makes all that work well and smoothly. It’s trite to call a female protagonist a “Kick-*** heroine,” but you know, the term could have been invented for Chess. Hardly ever seen a protagonist to compare, except possibly Jennifer Estep’s sociopathic assassin Gin Blanco (“The Spider”) in the Elemental series.

I would have joyed in this book just because it deals with ghosts, and has elements of Spiritualism (of course, not considered that in the context of the story), dystopianism, fascism, and much much more-yet author Kane makes it so real, so vivid, so plausible, that I probably remained breathless throughout the book.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

FURTHERMORE