Saturday, August 18, 2012

BLOOD MERCURY by Malachi King_Review

Blood MercuryBlood Mercury by Malachi King

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


This review is based on a copy provided to me by the publisher, Untreed Reads, on July 30, 2012, in exchange for my fair, honest, and impartial review, via Goodreads Group Making Connections.


Review of Blood Mercury by Malachi King

5 stars

This novella contains so much more than its length might imply, more than I expected. To begin with I experienced sadness on behalf of the characters, empathy, and sympathy. Soon I passed into a stage of dystopian despair, thinking “oh, I can see how contemporary society could devolve into this, and oh I sure hope and pray it does not.” But before the end, I found hope-hope in the characters, hope that someone could anchor in moral uprightness and “do the right thing.” That is what the story left me with: hope. I also hope-that there will be sequels. I really hope to find out how the lead characters come out.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

FURTHERMORE