Tuesday, August 28, 2012

BOTANICAUST by Tam Linsey_Review

BotanicaustBotanicaust by Tam Linsey

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Review of Botanicaust

Reviewed for Lovers of Paranormal Goodreads Group

I just want to say “Wow-what a job of world-building”-it really stretched my imagination, plus the novel is a very enjoyable read. Set some distance into the future, four centuries after the “botanicaust,” in which the world’s total crop output is destroyed, by manmade mistakes including pesticides, leaving only a plant that is toxic, and a few other scattered types of plant life. By genetic modification, a species of modified humans exist, who are themselves photo-synthetic: they are very similar to plants, thriving on sunlight, but plant life is toxic to them. They seldom need to eat, either; and oddly, their skin is green-again like plants.
Other ethnic groups also exist: the Holdouts, who are similar to Amish, speak German, and follow only “Gotte Wille” (God’s Will); and the Fosselites, famed scientists and researchers who have survived intact since before the Botanicaust, very long-lived individuals indeed.
Author Tam Linsey has worked an extraordinary world-building in this novel, and I am thankful to see it will be a series-I’m eager for the next installment.




View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. I soooooooooooooo agree. I loved Botanicaust, and you are right, Tam Linsey's world building is amazing. I also really enjoyed how she protrayed the Canables. They were like an off shoot of todays go green people in as much as they recycle everything, including themselves. And, just like you, I can't wait for the next book

    ReplyDelete

FURTHERMORE