Tuesday, August 28, 2012

ABRAHAM LINCOLN VAMPIRE HUNTER by Seth Grahame-Smith_Review

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire HunterAbraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


August 2012 Pick4Me

I had had such high expectations for this book. I totally enjoyed the author’s “Pride and Prejudice and Zombies,” on the one hand; and on the other, Abraham Lincoln is my very most favourite president of all time. What’s not to love in this combination? Well, this novel is what’s not to love-I was quite disappointed, for both of the above criteria. The initial segment of Seth-in-Rhinebeck-with-mysterious-wealthy-customer-Henry was excellent, and I really anticipated moving on into the life and journal entries of Mr. Lincoln. But-the book wasn’t bad, it just wasn’t great after that, although the segment of Abraham at the flatboat and subsequently (I can’t be too specific, in order not to give anything away), of Abraham’s aunt, uncle, and mother; and of Abraham learning the true tale from his father; were all quite intriguing. Just the novel as a whole did not capture and maintain my interest sufficiently. But due to the fact that several sections were really good, as I’ve expressed, I give it a 4. Maybe it was just me: hoping for too much.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

FURTHERMORE