Friday, August 31, 2012

AT THE END by John Hennessy_Review

At the End - a post-apocalyptic novel (The Road to Extinction, #1)At the End - a post-apocalyptic novel by John Hennessy

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Review of At the End
Reviewed via Basically Books Goodreads Group, of an ebook copy received August 4 2012 in exchange for my fair and impartial review.

Through the first couple of pages, I wasn’t sure I was going to like this book (I prefer the reader’s hook to reach for me immediately) but once I read just a few pages, I was hooked-and no complaints after that, this novel is literally non-stop page-turning. There is no deceleration of tension; the plot line moves at nearly hyper-drive speed, carrying the reader along with total engrossment.

It’s finally here: the danger that’s been discussed, and scoffed at, since the 1950’s: alien invasion. Yes, folks, you read that correctly. Aliens have invaded planet Earth, and everything you think you know about alien abduction is probably accurate. In the first two nights, 99% of the population is “taken.” Those that remain are quite often adolescents or younger, but not being abducted certainly doesn’t indicate safety, for the aliens seem determined to eradicate humanity. Those not abducted are hunted; in fact, like the predator species the aliens so resemble, some of the Earthlings are “marked” for prey, hunted down, and consumed.

Enter a trio of frightened yet determined young people: Daryl, Felix, and Maggy, who won’t just lie down and wait to be fodder. Instead, they’re bent on survival, no matter what the cost, and no matter if it’s even possible. They’re trying, and they’ll save all whom they can on the way.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

FURTHERMORE