Thursday, November 29, 2012

NEMESIS: THE DEATH OF TIMMY QUINN by Kealan Patrick Burke


Nemesis: The Death of Timmy QuinnNemesis: The Death of Timmy Quinn by Kealan Patrick Burke
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Review of Nemesis: The Death of Timmy Quinn
5 stars

Well, here we are, finally (whether we wish it or not) at the conclusion of the Timmy Quinn saga. How do we know it’s over? The subtitle indicates this is it, the end, conclusion, finis for Timmy. And so it is.  I confess to always being dismayed when a favourite character “bites the dust,” as the old Queen song would have it.

But nothing lasts forever, and I guess it must be time for Timmy to see The Stage from the other side.
Beware: you may find yourself crying through this one. It’s very graphic, very gory, very violent (you’ll find yourself turning your head a few times) and of course, very sad (but I still say “Vessels” is sadder). My recommendation is to read all these in quick succession, as I did. I think that reveals more of the character to the reader, and the previous stories stick in the mind while you’re reading the new entry.

Guess there won’t be another new entry now; unless Timmy decides to play the role some of the dead have played throughout the saga, and come back around; but then, who would there be around to see him?


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

FURTHERMORE