Thursday, November 29, 2012

CORNERED by Rich Stahnke_Review


CorneredCornered by Rich Stahnke
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Review of Cornered
5 stars

This was a truly original and inventive story. I did not expect the situation the farm family has created for itself; nor could I have thought in advance of the denouement. Everything is delightfully fresh, new, and unexpected. I don’t wish to spoil anything, so I’ll just summarise briefly.

Widowed Alan Wright and his two adult sons live on their isolated tobacco farm in North Carolina, adjacent to the extensive compound of Fort Bragg. The three keep to themselves as much as possible, interacting only occasionally with consumers and townsfolk. Imagine then their surprise when a nearly delirious woman appears from nowhere, climbs their fence, claims she and her boyfriend were attacked by creatures while bicycling. Imagine their further astonishment when the creatures track her to the house, and attack, despite the fact that the three farm men have heavily armed, and excellent marksmen.

I doubt any reader will figure the ending out in advance, which makes the story so enthralling.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

FURTHERMORE