Thursday, November 29, 2012

GHOSTS OF ROSEWOOD ASYLUM_Review


Ghosts of Rosewood AsylumGhosts of Rosewood Asylum by Stephen Prosapio
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Review of Ghosts of Rosewood Asylum
5 stars

12 stars! This is a truly enjoyable book: everything I look for in a “haunting” story-that it is set in a truly haunted asylum locale is just thousands of ounces of extra icing for me! The author writes smoothly, balancing that undeniable tension between rationality (“no, this just can’t be”) and belief (“I hear ghosts, I see ghosts, I believe in ghosts”) with a firm but deft touch. Two “ghost-hunting” series broadcast on the same network are cast together (unwillingly or not) to investigate Chicago’s Rosewood Asylum, a locale noted not only for its Victorian – era buildings, but for deaths, suicides, arson fires-you name it. In addition to the tension of reason vs. faith, there is tension between the two divergent programs and their personnel, romantic tension, and conflict between the living and the-well, not so living.

I can’t wait for further “haunting” novels from this author. “Ghosts of Rosewood Asylum” is a definite reread.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

FURTHERMORE