Thursday, November 29, 2012

CLUTCH (I AM JUST JUNCO #1) by J. A. Huss_Review


Clutch (I Am Just Junco, #1)Clutch by J.A. Huss
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Review of Clutch by J. A. Huss
I Am Just Junco #1
4 stars

Junco Coot is one of the toughest, most outspoken, heroines I have encountered. This girl is a sharpshooter, profane, constantly angry, rebellious, and highly unpleasant to just about everybody she encounters. In her defense, she lives and grew up in a seriously Dystopian society, her father has just died, and an avian alien wants to take her out. So she does have some excuse for her sour attitude.
In 2152, aliens are, yes, real. They are avian, which I had expected would mean they were “bird-like,” but although they fly, they are more like the way that angels are often pictured: humanoid, with very large wings (and they move about as fast as an eye blink).
This is a rollicking nonstop adventure and nonstop is no exaggeration. Junco and Tier (the avian sent to assassinate her) never seem to stop for a breath, and the tension (between those two, between Junco and those who are supposed to her cohorts, and between Tier and his species and Junco’s human fellows) never lets up.

I reviewed this novel for Innovative Online Book Tours, which provided me with a copy to review.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

FURTHERMORE