Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Stone Child by Dan Poblocki_Review

The Stone ChildThe Stone Child by Dan Poblocki

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Excellent! I really enjoyed this Supernatural-mythological-suspense novel, and its rendition of the millenial-ancient good vs. evil controversy. I definitely did not expect the turn that the story took as to the source of the evil and of the monsters (and I won't spoil it here for future readers). The main characters are three middle-graders, but believe me, this story is just as fascinating for adults. I loved it, and raced through it. The author really understands youngsters of this age, almost even better than the adult characters, with the exception of the legendary author Nathaniel Olmstead, whose books are the crux of the story line. (So the three youngsters-Eddie, Harris, Maggie , are the level and Nathaniel is the fulcrum. )

Author Poblocki knows how to deliver the scares: it's not only the youngsters who scream:)!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

FURTHERMORE