Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The South Will Rise Again by Jeffrey Kosh_Review

The South Will Rise AgainThe South Will Rise Again by Jeffrey Kosh

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Readers who delighted in Author Kosh’s first novel, “Feeding the Urge,” will be delighted to know that another Prosperity Glades story, “Kamp Koko at Night,” is included here (don’t read at night). For me, the real treasure is in the title story, “The South Will Rise Again.” As a student of history and an individual who’s spent about half my life in the Northern U.S. and half in the Southern U.S., I have a particular affinity for that bloodied and undying conflict, the American Civil War. What Jeffrey Kosh does with it has to be read to be believed. The closest simile I can come up with is-it’s akin to “Red Badge of Courage,” from the Dark Side. Gentle Readers, run-do not hesitate-to pick up this small collection. I know I will be rereading it for some time to come.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

FURTHERMORE