Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A Dish Best Served Cold by Cornelius Harker_Review

A Dish Best Served ColdA Dish Best Served Cold by Cornelius Harker

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


A very convoluted story, this is at once a tale of the Supernatural, an onion-layered suspense, and a recollection of human greed, envy, and arrogance. I honestly did not expect any of the various twists and turns, except for one possibility; however, the author rendered my assumption of that wrong as well by providing a much more appalling and terrifying consequence. I read this story straight through in one sitting, caught up as I was in the plotting, setting, and characterization. The author superbly brings forth the aura of suspense, danger, fear, and terror, the otherworldly overtones-which come to rule a major part of the story-and elicits, if not quite empathy for the characters, at minimum comprehension, and the reader’s desire to learn what has happened, and what will occur to put this situation to its final conclusion.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

FURTHERMORE