Monday, April 2, 2012

Review of The Adventures of the Frog Prince by J. R. Barker

The Adventures of the Frog PrinceThe Adventures of the Frog Prince by J.R. Barker

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


An unexpectedly delightful story that begins in fairy-tale fashion, setting the stage for the Prince of the Kingdom’s long-awaited choice of a wife from among the various Princesses, but soon skewing into utter hilarity (the reader will be exclaiming, “no, not really?!) followed by true empathy for the protagonist. I laughed fairly uproariously all through this tale, simply because it is so delightful-and what an imagination has this author, to so well view events from within the perspective of a frog!

I truly enjoyed, and will reread this story, as well as share it with my grandchildren. Even though this is described as a children’s story, any adult (with any sense of humour or heart) will benefit from it too. I hope it finds a wide audience among all ages!




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

FURTHERMORE