Accepting NO review requests

As of 28 February 2016, due to decline in my health and chronic illness

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Review of Asylum Lake by R. A. Evans

This is definitely a 12 star novel! Can't wait for the sequel on May 22!


Asylum LakeAsylum Lake by R.A. Evans

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Asylum Lake is one of the best books I've read, and lately there have been many in the "best books" category. Thankfully this is the first of at least a duology! There's so much more to understand and explore; it's not a case of loose ends left untied, because almost everything is sorted out by the thrilling end. Instead, it's like uncovering a family history, or a sordid episode in history that's gone untold: Layer upon layer is peeled away, revealing new secrets; and yet, there's always more to find out. I found this book exquisite, and unforgettable. I'm on edge waiting for the sequel. How often can a reader say that?

Asylum Lake combines mysteries, Supernatural, paranormal, thriller, and horror elements, in a novel in which the characterizations are subtly but cleverly tweaked; the plotting is unexpected, and the author manages well not to telegraph anything he doesn't wish to reveal yet. I definitely recommend it to any reader.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

FURTHERMORE