Accepting NO review requests

As of 28 February 2016, due to decline in my health and chronic illness

Monday, May 7, 2012

TREASURE IN THE GRAVEYARD by Roberto Pavanello

Treasure in the GraveyardTreasure in the Graveyard by Roberto Pavanello

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


“Treasure in the Graveyard” is a delightful children’s tale “starring” as narrator, Echo-a bat who writes stories, and who lives in a crypt in a quiet abandoned graveyard. Echo has three human helpers whom he refers to collectively as “the Bat Pack.” Delectable illustrations fill the story, helping identify Becca, Michael, and Tyler Silver; their parents; Echo the bat; and their new nemesis and his familiar. The plotline has its scary elements, but not inappropriately so for middle-graders, the book’s target audience. The story has a logical, sensible, progression, so that the young readers will not be left frightened; and word puzzles are also included at the end to stretch literacy skills. I read the book along with my 3.5 year old grandson, who very much enjoyed the story and inquiring about the illustrations. I promised him I would acquire other books in the “Bat Pack” series.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

FURTHERMORE