Monday, May 7, 2012

TREASURE IN THE GRAVEYARD by Roberto Pavanello

Treasure in the GraveyardTreasure in the Graveyard by Roberto Pavanello

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


“Treasure in the Graveyard” is a delightful children’s tale “starring” as narrator, Echo-a bat who writes stories, and who lives in a crypt in a quiet abandoned graveyard. Echo has three human helpers whom he refers to collectively as “the Bat Pack.” Delectable illustrations fill the story, helping identify Becca, Michael, and Tyler Silver; their parents; Echo the bat; and their new nemesis and his familiar. The plotline has its scary elements, but not inappropriately so for middle-graders, the book’s target audience. The story has a logical, sensible, progression, so that the young readers will not be left frightened; and word puzzles are also included at the end to stretch literacy skills. I read the book along with my 3.5 year old grandson, who very much enjoyed the story and inquiring about the illustrations. I promised him I would acquire other books in the “Bat Pack” series.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

FURTHERMORE