Thursday, May 24, 2012

THE CHARTER by Gillian Hamer_Review

The CharterThe Charter by Gillian Hamer

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I'd like to give this book 12 stars!

I totally loved this book and was enraptured by it. There is not a single loose thread or dropped stitch anyway in this wonderful interweaving of contemporary, historical, murder-mystery, treasure-hunt, Supernatural haunting, and the deep, deep characterizations, both of characters present and past. “The Charter” is a charmer! With an excellent reader’s hook, by the last sentence of the prologue I was captivated. I melded with the character of the deceased Owen-so much like me in so many ways, in other ways so divergent-and found empathy easy with all the other characters too. The author does suspense with a gentle but deft hand, building it carefully so that the reader is surprised to find new discoveries and revelations. I remain amazed at the quality of this book, recommend it most highly to readers of all stripes, and await the next novel from this very accomplished author.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

FURTHERMORE