Monday, May 21, 2012

AND THEY CALLED HER SPIDER by Michael Coorlim_Review

Reviewed for Great Minds Think Aloud


And They Called Her Spider (A Bartleby and James Adventure, #1)And They Called Her Spider by Michael Coorlim

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I love Steampunk: let me say that right up front. I’ve adored the sub-genre ever since I realized it was not Cyberpunk, as I’d initially mistakenly thought. I love everything about Steampunk, and this novella expresses all of that. The mechanisms, the characters, the almost magical engineering, the alternate-probability history, the Victorian Era (extended somewhat farther in the 20th century than we remember in our consensus reality), it’s all fascinating-riveting-enrapturing. “And They Called Her Spider” brings mystery, suspense, action, adventure, crime, and some of the deepest character studies I have ever seen accomplished in a novella. Run, don’t hesitate, to buy this one!

A Bartleby and James Adventure, #1



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

FURTHERMORE