Sunday, August 9, 2015

Review: Trust No One

Trust No One Trust No One by Paul Cleave
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Release Aug. 4 2015

Review: TRUST NO ONE by Paul Cleave

TRUST NO ONE is a total rollercoaster of a novel. When I say "non-stop," I mean that quite literally. I read its 352 pages in one afternoon and evening; I couldn't look away. Reading it was like riding a runaway freight train into insanity. Everything about this book is so vivid, reading it is to live inside the minds of the characters. I was reminded of Hemingway--the prose is so sparse, yet so literary. There are multiple denouement, and each unfolds into new revelations. I kind of half-guessed at a couple of those, yet even then, the author continued to surprise me. His treatment of the protagonist' s Alzheimer's disease made me "feel" it. It also gave me deeper comprehension for instances I'd encountered in the past--more understanding and greater empathy.

I declare TRUST NO ONE of Best of 2015.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

FURTHERMORE