Saturday, August 29, 2015

Review: Quarter to Midnight: A Collection of Nine Horror Short Stories

Quarter to Midnight: A Collection of Nine Horror Short Stories Quarter to Midnight: A Collection of Nine Horror Short Stories by Darcy Coates
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Review: QUARTER TO MIDNIGHT by Darcy Coates

Not long ago, Darcy Coates became my "go-to" horror writer. An author who delivers finely skilled writing in addition to scary horror [even the science fiction story in this collection is shuddery horror], Ms. Coates delivers in every single short story, novella, and novel. I don't know if the stories flow from her fingers intact, or if she rewrites until finely tuned, but the result always is the same:awesome terror. Here is a range, in 15 stories. I was so thankful I read these in daylight! [especially "Lucy" and that inexpressibly nerve-rending "Sub-Basement" (shudder!!)] 

Ideally, writing talent and the ability to deliver true horror would be entertwined. Darcy Coates gives readers exactly that perfect blend.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

FURTHERMORE