Saturday, August 15, 2015

Review: Red Dust: The Seven

Red Dust: The Seven Red Dust: The Seven by Sam Campbell
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

REVIEW: RED DUST: THE SEVEN by Sam Campbell and Ben Dixon

I first encountered the RED DUST mythos when I participated in a Goodreads Group read of RED DUST: THE RISE, the second compilation [Goodreads group Pro-Active Destruction]. I immediately bought RED DUST: THE FALL, the first compilation. When the opportunity to advance review RED DUST:THE SEVEN arrived. I leaped.

These seven stories cover a gamut of the mythos, set in America's Great Plains in 1846 (definitely alternate history). The Rising, or Rising Plague, reanimates the dead, and that just ain't pretty. The dead are invariably hungry for the living, and they won't take no for an answer. Dixon and Campbell don't settle for rapid fire action and gory encounters, though; they excavate deeply into their characters, bringing the RED DUST series several cuts higher than the usual zombie sub-genre quality.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

FURTHERMORE