Saturday, August 22, 2015

Review: My Townie Heart

My Townie Heart My Townie Heart by Diana Sperrazza
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

REVIEW: MY TOWNIE HEART by Diana Sperazza

Author D. H. Lawrence, early in the 20th century, famously quoted, in translation, the French proverb "Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose": the more things change, the more they stay the same. Laura DiStefano must felt this too, when she flunked out of the University of Massachusetts and returned to stultifying dysfunction in her home town of Springfield. The first in her family to enter college, Laura had let herself be swamped by the drug culture, and bailed out. But remaining in the unloving bosom of her unlovely family is surely a fate worse than death. What choices remain?

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

FURTHERMORE