Thursday, December 6, 2012

UNFORESEEN: JOURNEY THROUGH ROT AND RUIN by Sarah Bartsch_Review


Unforeseen: Journey Through Rust and RuinUnforeseen: Journey Through Rust and Ruin by Sarah Bartsch
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Review of Unforeseen: Rust and Ruin
By Sarah Bartsch
5 stars

I found this story quite unusual, as it is set in Japan in 1915. Why is that different? Well, it is unusual because it is a steampunk and dimensional travel plot line. I am a steampunk aficionado, but I had never before read any set anywhere geographically than England or America, in either the Victorian or Edwardian Eras; so here I learned something new. Also, the protagonist, trained female warrior Miyako, travels through a portal to reach an alternate world, where she hunts for new technology and industry, to bring back to her world. In Japan, the Silent Emperor is gung-ho on a course of new industry, in order to combat an expected attack from the West; and although Miyako knows that such manufacturing is having a toxic effect on her environment, still she is excited to be sent on her first solo mission. And what a mission it is? Filled with danger and excitement, Miyako will have to prove her mettle, or possibly die trying.

I reviewed an ebook copy provided by the author via the Goodreads review group Making Connections YA Edition in return for my fair and impartial review.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

FURTHERMORE