Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Review of Sticks and Stones by Charlie Morgan

Sticks and StonesSticks and Stones by Charlie Morgan

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


What’s NOT to like? A protagonist that immediately elicits my empathy, a despairing situation for him, a male protagonist at that who has Emotions! Matt is not afraid to own up to his feelings, either; and I liked that because it makes him stand out from the usual crowd. Then in his quest for distraction (and how nice it is that he didn’t run immediately for alcohol, drugs, or promiscuity) he finds himself in the midst of utter terror-I gasped out loud and nearly dropped the laptop!-and again! This is non-stop horror-bizarre, far-fectched, but ultimately realistic (no difficulty suspending disbelief here!)-and the reader is going to sit with jaw dropped, heart pumping out of throat, eyes as wide as saucers-and ears perked for any unusual sounds outside-just in case it’s even more real than we thought.

This story was riveting-I didn’t want to take my eyes off it and railed at every distraction. My reader’s sense is screaming “more! More! More!” I’d say Charlie Morgan is a talent to watch!

Reader Caution: I loved this story but it is gory, graphic, and intense-not for the faint of heart or the weak of stomach. That said-go get it!




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

FURTHERMORE