Thursday, March 8, 2012

Review of Immoral (Jonathan Stride #1) by Brian Freeman

Immoral (Jonathan Stride, # 1)Immoral by Brian Freeman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have seldom read a mystery as complexly plotted as this one, and for a debut novel, it is simply amazing. (It would be astounding if produced by an accomplished, prolific author). The layers of mysteries, secrets, covert possibilities (where is she? where are they? did he do it? who might have? were they really? type of questions abound) keep the reader quite literally guessing what is going on, who did what to whom, and most of all: why, why, why? The ending is beyond anything this reader could have imagined or expected-but yet, when explained, it all works out, everything makes sense, and indeed-it is almost inevitable. I am reminded of the mysteries of Jo Nesbo; that is the only author I can think comparable in terms of riveting, incredibly-convoluted plotting. This is the second mystery by Brian Freeman I have read, and I shall not rest till I've devoured them all.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

FURTHERMORE