Accepting NO review requests

As of 28 February 2016, due to decline in my health and chronic illness

Friday, March 23, 2012

Review of Fantasies of the Waking Dreamer by K. W. McCabe

Fantasies of the Waking DreamerFantasies of the Waking Dreamer by K.W. McCabe

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


A brief but poignant collection of seven poems-some short, some lengthier-this is a fine introduction to the poetry of K. W. McCabe. I say poignant, because most of these poems are very melancholy (I would say all except the final poem, “Looking Back,” which is a summation of life and a demonstration of contentment). Most have a strong tone of sadness; particularly so the very heartstrings-tugging “Pass the Birthday Cake.” Among my personal favourites are “Rain,” “Heart’s Dawn: The Death of Cupid,” and the aforementioned “Pass the Birthday Cake,” which will not soon pass out of my memory.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

FURTHERMORE