Thursday, July 30, 2015

Review: Drowned Sorrow

Drowned Sorrow Drowned Sorrow by Vanessa Morgan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

REVIEW: DROWNED SORROW by Vanessa Morgan

Definitely not your ordinary supernatural! I have been reading supernatural and horror, both fiction and nonfiction, for nearly six decades, and try as I might, I simply cannot recall anything similar. There really is something new under the sun.

The novel starts with a powerfully impacting reader's hook. I really found forgiveness difficult. From there, a quick cut moves the action to the tiny village of Moonlight Creek, Connecticut, tucked away in a forest beside a lake. Sounds bucolic? Think again, and please don't visit--you'll be sorry if you do. Moonlight Creek is like no other locale, on Earth at least. In some ways, DROWNED SORROW is as much science fiction as it is horror and supernatural. I seldom make this claim: but oh, what a film this would make!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

FURTHERMORE