Tuesday, September 4, 2012

FALLING IN LOVE by Stephen Bradlee_Review

Falling in LoveFalling in Love by Stephen Bradlee

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Review of Falling in Love by Stephen Bradlee
5 Stars

5 Stars is not sufficient to rate a book which rips at the heartstrings, breaks the reader’s heart over and over, and yet-despite witnessing the protagonist hit bottom so many times-leaves us with hope that yes, there can be good come out of wrong, that there may be joy in the morning, that just maybe there is hope in each of our lives if we will but persevere to find it.

This book will make you weep till you think you can weep no more, but it will also make you marvel at the strength of the protagonist. I’m speaking not of physical strength, oftentimes not even of Will, but of the innate character deep inside-perhaps the soul-which knows life can be better and wants to reach that new life, despite the constant tearing away at her resolve, both external and internal.

“Falling in Love” is the story of Sherry’s struggle to overcome: her past, her present; her addictions; her early abuse, her acting out; her push-away, pull-toward relationships; her inability to get past the first day or so in a relationship. Some readers might denigrate Sherry because of her acts-I applaud the internal strength that keeps her motivated to change.

I rate this 18+ for both language and situations, but I highly recommend it and hope it finds a wide readership. I was so strongly affected by reading it that I had to sleep on it before I could write my review.

I based my review on an e-book copy provided by the author, Stephen Bradlee, to me via his request, on August 28, 2012, in exchange for my fair and impartial review.




View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. I just finished it ... I enjoyed it :)

    http://www.teenaintoronto.com/2012/10/book-falling-in-love-2012-stephen_7.html

    ReplyDelete

FURTHERMORE