Sunday, July 29, 2012

THE ASYLUM INTERVIEWS: BRONX by Jocelynn Drake_Review

The Asylum Interviews: Bronx (The Asylum Tales, #0.5)The Asylum Interviews: Bronx by Jocelynn Drake

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I wasn’t quite sure what to expect in this story, but what I found was paranormal elements galore and a smoothly written tale that combines unexpected action with good character delineation (and it can’t be easy to draw characters such as elves, Fae, Minotaurs, Trolls and other “unusual” species). I found the story enticing, and I’m eager to read more in the “Asylum” Universe.

Gage owns a tattoo parlor, “Asylum,” in Low Town, where magical beings are prevalent and accepted. In his “world,” tattoo artists not only draw ink, but formulate potions according to the customers’ needs and desires, thus augmenting the inking with a little magic. Gage’s friend Parker, an incubus, is in ill health from the constraints of a monogamous relationship, so Gage’s new buddy, the troll Bronx (such an adorable guy!) suggests tattooing Parker so he can get his necessary energetic boosts from kisses and touches, not just from the whole shebang.

I rate this 18+ for language and sensuality, and I highly recommend it.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

FURTHERMORE