Wednesday, July 18, 2012

KRANSEN HOUSE by Sara Brooke_Review

Kransen HouseKransen House by Sara Brooke

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


“Kransen House” is the sequel to “Still Lake,” yet functions perfectly as a stand-alone, delightfully entrancing novel. Classic Gothic in theme and structure, this story will have you turning pages as quickly as possible just to discover what’s next. A good immediate reader’s hook sets up the imminent subtle tension between young wife Ana, her child, and her poor but devoted parents on one side, and on the other, Ana’s new husband and his wealthy and very odd family.

Not heavy-handed on the buildup of suspense nor on the atmosphere, the novel delivers. I’m really intrigued by the story. Like Ana, I too wanted to keep opening doors and turning over furniture and pulling on bookshelves looking for hidden rooms, secrets and revelations. This is really a wild story and I’ve quite enjoyed it, although at times I wanted to shake Ana and tell her not to be so clueless! But that of course is part of the storyline, and not meant to be a detraction. As an entirety, I really enjoyed it and can highly recommend it.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

FURTHERMORE