Sunday, July 22, 2012

CITY OF BONES (MORTAL INSTRUMENTS #1) by Cassandra Clare_Review

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Well! The first time I settled to read this book, I managed 85 pages; the second time, I read the remaining 400 pages in one sitting-what does that tell you? I loved this book, its intensity, its complexity, its complications, its numerous threads and sub—threads, emotional confrontations, startling revelations-and I’m in for the series (and the Infernal Devices series as well!)

Many novels and series include the Paranormal; many can make the reader suspend disbelief. “City of Bones” is one of the absolute best. When Clary Fray’s mother unexpectedly disappears, which she discovers while returning home to a trashed apartment, attacked by a type of impossible beast, an entirely new perspective opens to Clary. What she discovers from then on is that nothing and no one is ever as it seems: friends are enemies, enemies are friends, and sometimes monsters are friends, sometimes enemies. There are more things in heaven and earth and beyond than one could possibly imagine-unless one is author Cassandra Clare. Do not miss this special novel, and do not stop at just one taste-read the series!




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

FURTHERMORE