Wednesday, July 25, 2012

CLOCKWORK ANGEL (INFERNAL DEVICES #1) by Cassandra Clare_Review

Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1)Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


This is only my second Cassandra Clare novel (the first was “City of Bones,” #1 of her “Mortal Instruments” series) and I am a lifelong fan already! “City of Bones” is great; “Clockwork Angel” is stunning! Victorian, historical, geographical, Steampunk, Supernatural/paranormal, clockwork, automatons, demons, Fae, Vampires, Shifters, Demon Hunters-everything a reader of Paranormal could want (me, anyway) is contained here, and I cannot wait to continue the series! Ms. Clare’s books are definitely to buy and to read and reread.

“Clockwork Angel” is the first in the Infernal Devices series, in a way a prequel to the contemporary situations and locales of the Mortal Instruments series. Set in London in 1878 (a full decade before Jack the Ripper’s ravages in Whitechapel), “Clockwork Angel” revolves around Tessa (Theresa) Gray, whose Aunt Harriet has recently passed. When Tessa receives a letter and steamship ticket from her brother Nathaniel who had emigrated to London some time ago, she leaps at the opportunity, now that she has no further family in New York City, and heads immediately to London-where she is abducted at the wharf and kept imprisoned by Mrs. Black and Mrs. Dark, the evil “Dark Sisters.”

I won’t reveal any more of the plot; I’ll only say that “Clockwork Angel” is a stunner. Truly, I could read it over and over and over again.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

FURTHERMORE