Monday, July 7, 2014

Review: WHERE THE DEAD WALK by JOHN BOWEN

Review: WHERE THE DEAD WALK by JOHN BOWEN

This Supernatural novel was amazing! I highly recommend it to.all readers; it's not just a superb "Spooky"--it's wonderful story, deep and rich and broad, convoluted in plot, twisted in character (Yes, there are "good guys":) but there are characters who metaphorically made my.jaw drop), sufficiently "spooky" to keep we readers flipping those pages. Even beyond all this, John Bowen knows how to write!: how to hook.and engage the reader and keep us entranced; how to plot, how to range effectively back and forth through three separate historical eras (two historical, plus contemporary), how to excavate the deeper levels of his characters, how to craft imagery and setting, action, and horror and intrigue.

Here is my highest personal praise: I've placed WHERE THE DEAD WALK on my "Esoteric London" shelf besides other authors I esteem: Paul Cornell, Christopher Fowler, China Mieville, Neil Gaiman, Michael Moorcock; authors who take my breath away and then carry me away.





No comments:

Post a Comment

FURTHERMORE