Thursday, June 19, 2014

Review: THE FARM by Tom Rob Smith

Review: THE FARM by Tom Rob Smith

The core of this novel is Perception: how do we see as we do? Why? What colors our perceptions, and what cleanses them? How do we discern truth in another? How, even, in ourselves?

THE FARM didn't just keep me guessing: I remained on tenterhooks from first page to last, never really trusting any of the characters' accounts, and at the last, was rewarded with a series of heart-wrenching revelations. Author Tom Rob Smith has created a perturbing, thought-provoking, novel. His descriptions of the psychology and mystery of the rural agricultural locale in southern Sweden reminded me strongly of the terrors of Adam Nevill's The Ritual--I experienced the same unrelenting, implacable unsettled ness throughout.

I reviewed an ARC of THE FARM by Tom Rob Smith, provided by the publisher via NetGalley. No fees were exchanged.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FURTHERMORE