Friday, June 8, 2012

THE CONDUIT by Stacey Rourke_Review

The ConduitThe Conduit by Stacey Rourke

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


What an utterly delightful, fascinating, fast-paced, engrossing YA fantasy. It captured me from the first page-and I am not in general a devotee of fantasy-but this book is so well and smoothly written, so full of immediate suspension of disbelief, engaging characters, vivid settings-and some really villainous villains-that I could not help but delight in the story and race through it faster than I could have expected.

Although the protagonists are fifteen, eighteen, and twenty, and the book is no doubt targeted at a YA audience, if you’re an older reader, don’t let that stop you. This story is worth reading, because of the quality of the writing, the sympathetic characterizations, the plot line, and as I said above-the suspension of disbelief is immediate. Action-filled, romantic, emotional, dramatic-all one could ask for! Get this one now!




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

FURTHERMORE