Sunday, June 17, 2012

ANNA DRESSED IN BLOOD by Kendare Blake_Review

Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna, #1)Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


(Anna Dressed in Blood #1)

This novel surpasses even my ability to rave. I want to rate it at 36 stars-but would that even be enough? If I didn’t know better, I would swear that author Kendare Blake designed this series with me in mind, because it fits my tastes, interests, and beliefs so perfectly. Let me use that word again-“perfect”-that’s “Anna Dressed in Blood.” I’ve read many novels I wish to reread at some point-and then there’s the novels I must reread: “Anna Dressed in Blood,” Shawn Keenan’s “The Buried Covenant,” Veronica Roth’s “Divergent,” Walter M. Miller’s “A Canticle for Leibowitz,” Ray Bradbury’s “The Illustrated Man.”

This series is classified as YA, but if you don’t generally turn to that shelf-DO now! No one should miss out on “Anna Dressed in Blood.” I’m ecstatic to discover that there will be a sequel-although how I can wait two months I don’t know-maybe rereading “Anna” over and over again.

If you like Supernatural-buy this book. If you like wonderful, empathetic characters, strong protagonists who have their heads on straight (mostly), unbelievably riveting situations, a plot line that never releases its grasp on your throat, ghosts, horrors, hauntings, magic (white, black; voodoo and beyond), absolutely make every effort to get to this book immediately!

Like Shawn Keenan’s “The Buried Covenant,” “Anna Dressed in Blood” has an incredibly strong, independent-minded, ON-PURPOSE male protagonist, something I found surprising in these years of Ya female heroines. But Cas (like Jayke of “The Buried Covenant”) is a young man (adolescent age) who is head and shoulders beyond most fictional characters, and beyond most “real-life” individuals. These are young men to whom we can and must look up, admire, and emulate.


And that said, my final word is: And just wait till you “meet” Anna!!!




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

FURTHERMORE