Tuesday, June 12, 2012

THE BURIED COVENANT by Shawn Keenan_Review

The Buried CovenantThe Buried Covenant by Shawn Keenan




25 Stars!


How I loved this novel! I was enraptured with the lyricism from the first page, then captivated by the characterizations. The author has a special perspective, a divergent point of view, such that we see deeper into his characters than is often the case-this type of deeper characterization is found only in the best YA books-and I just kept wishing the story could go on and on and on, neverending!

Jayke Wolff, the protagonist, hero, and narrator, is the kind of individual we all ought to befriend, or better yet, to be. I am reminded of the protagonists of two of Michael Marshall Smith’s novels (“Bad Things” and “The Intruders”). It’s unfortunately too seldom that readers encounter characters with this much depth, this much integrity, this much “righteousness.” I am just amazed at Jayke-and I reveled in this novel.

If you haven’t read it, DO NOT WAIT!




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

FURTHERMORE