Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Review: THE GARDEN OF STONES (ECHOES OF EMPIRE #1) by Mark T. Barnes

For quite some time I had avoided the fantasy genre, preferring instead to concentrate my reading and reviewing on Horror, Supernatural, Mystery-Suspense, and Thrillers (and always, always my beloved pre-,  post-, and currently- Apocalyptic). But for me, everything goes in cycles, and lately I've been eager to take up again the perusal of fantasy. When I was made aware of author Mark T. Barnes' ECHOES OF EMPIRE trilogy, I leapt headlong and discovered what I'd been missing. Poetic, lyrical, worlds and species cleverly imagined, and even happier, excellent writing. I am truly enraptured, and very glad to be reading this superb trilogy in immediate consecutive order. Fantasy fan:  if you've not yet discovered Mark T. Barnes, you owe it to yourself to read the ECHOES OF EMPIRE trilogy.  (Book Three, THE PILLARS OF SAND, publishes May 20).

No comments:

Post a Comment

FURTHERMORE