Sunday, January 13, 2013

AN ETERNITY OF ROSES (Valthreans #1) by Natalie G. Owens_Review


An Eternity of Roses (The Valthreans: Book 1)An Eternity of Roses by Natalie G. Owens
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Review of An Eternity of Roses
The Valthreans #1
Natalie G. Owens
5 stars

Reading this book was truly a delight-and I use that word intentionally. A fast-paced, loving, lovable, romp through time and character and romance and horror, with characters who are so fully fleshed that I felt they were standing beside me, “An Eternity of Roses” is only the beginning-this is the first entry in a new series called “The Valthreans,” about a race of immortals who commenced almost before recorded time.

Lady Emmaline and Viscount Adrian are so very deeply in love, and are soon to marry. It’s 1807, a time when Society is all, and marriages are almost always arranged for convenience, politics, or matters of wealth. But these fortunate two are in love; until the villainess interferes. Madeleine put me in mind of the infamous Countess Elisabeth Bathory (yes, one of my favourite historical characters) in her depths of evil, the ambition of her evil, and her arcane murderous practices. She rules by fear, and she desires Adrian: nothing will stop her, or can she be stopped?

Natalie G. Owens writes prose as if she is writing poetry, truly. The imagery is superb, and almost every sentence contains a wonderful description that makes the reader want to pause to savour it. I can’t wait to read the next in the series; in the meantime, “An Eternity of Roses” is a definite re-read.

The author provided me with an e-book copy in return for my provision of a fair and impartial review.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

FURTHERMORE