Monday, October 27, 2014

Review: THE CARNAGE ACCOUNT by BEN LIEBERMAN. RELEASE DAY



REVIEW:  THE CARNAGE ACCOUNT

First of all, I LOVED this book. Loved it and going to reread it. Why is that so strange? If asked a few days ago if I'd like reading about Wall Street, One-Percenters, and hedge funds? Simple answer: not. Well, that was before Ben Lieberman came along; or rather, prior to my discovery of him (thank you, NETGALLEY!!) I had scarcely finished the first chapter when I flew off to Amazon to purchase his earlier novel, ODD JOBS.  Now, that's a compliment!

Rory Cage is some kind of protagonist:  Wall Street Young Turk, hedge fun whiz kid, and stone killer. What's to love? Actually--quite a bit. I.found myself really admiring this guy, cold-hearted, cold-blooded Narcissistic, greed-driven creature that he is. What he holds in common with humanity is physiology only. But I admire him. The other characters are finely-tuned character studies, too; the Rapunzelish aloof isolation of Dawn;  antihero military physician Clay Harbor, former unwitting bad-boy turned SEAL, combination healer and experienced killer; and Jared Knight, Dawn's father and the real love of her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FURTHERMORE