Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Review: SIX FEET UNDER by Jennifer Longo




I LOVE THIS BOOK! It's perfect!  I love the protagonist, her life, the setting,  the secondaries--and I.totally especially love the theme. Over the last year and a half or so, I've approached every YA book with a mental-emotional "?" before me: am I going to love it or hate it? Will I be enthusiastic--or bored to stone? There's a reason for my confusion:  I used to love the YA genre, beginning about the time I.discovered Kimberley Dert' s The Body Finder, and I.gleefully devoured YA books...until one afternoon in mid-March 2013, when I reached 51% of a novel (to.remain unnamed) and metaphorically tossed up my Kindle, silently and melodramactically shouting, "I can't take any more of this high school angst!!!"  Since that time, I approach the genre with tenterhooks. Sometimes I get lucky--very lucky (Aramintha Star Matthews' Return of the Loving Dead leaps to mind) and now, my newly beloved favorite, SIX FEET OVER IT. I'm in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FURTHERMORE