Friday, January 2, 2015

REVIEW: EVERYTHING BURNS by Vincent Zandri. ( reposted)

Review:  EVERYTHING BURNS by Vincent Zandri

Fire consumes; it also cleanses and purifies--and it brands. Those who have been affected or afflicted by fire are never the same.

Take Reece Johnston, a Bestselling novelist, author of five books, and intermittently a free-lance journalist. As a child, Reece lost his mother and two older brothers in a house fire; only he and his father survived. Reese could have become pyro phobic, terrified of fire, but instead he became pyrophilic, fascinated with this element, and as a youngster still, tried to set his home alight.

Nowadays, after an eight-year separation and divorce, he and ex-wife Lisa and daughter Anna are back together, but neither safety nor continuation of life are assured. Someone or something seems determined to destroy Reece and all he purports to hold dear.

EVERYTHING BURNS is one of the most disturbing books I have ever read, over nearly 6 decades of voracious reading. Immediately it attached to my brain like a barnacle, refusing dislodgment. It's kept me awake, perturbed me during my daily routine, refused to be forgotten. With a February 1 release (I acquired my copy via the Kindle First Program), I predict it's going to be one of the Best of 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FURTHERMORE