Accepting NO review requests

As of 28 February 2016, due to decline in my health and chronic illness

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

REVIEW TOMORROW! by Philip Wylie

REVIEW TOMORROW! By Philip Wylie TOMORROW! was originally published in 1952. I didn't read it then, but I read it beginning to end several years later, as a child. I have seldom been so terrified by a book: for years I could not bear the sound of a jet passing overhead. As I remember from a perspective of 50 years, the seminal books before adulthood were Tomorrow! and Walter M. Miller Jr.'s post-apocalyptic treasure, A CANTICLE FOR LEIBOWITZ (another classic I hope to see republished as an e-book). That's probably no surprise, given that I grew up during the Cold War and McCarthyism, Khrushchev' s pounding shoe and the Cuban Missile crisis. 50 years and umpteen wars later, TOMORROW! is just as scary, just as potent, just as pertinent. I think everyone should read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FURTHERMORE