Thursday, September 11, 2014

Review: EXORCIST ROAD by Jonathan Janz



This story is set in Chicago, and concerns whether the sudden bizarre behavior of a fourteen-year-old boy, son of a wealthy, upscale, family, is "possessed." I won't spoil it for readers, but I will mention that an actual case of exorcism on a young boy occurred in Chicago in the 1950's, and I believe that was the inspiration for William Peter Blatty' s novel.

I chose to read EXORCIST ROAD because I am an avid and delighted reader of Mr. Janz, and had just recently read and reviewed both THE SORROWS and CASTLE OF SORROWS and totally admired both. I can heartily recommend EXORCIST ROAD as well. The author weaves an engrossing tale of horrid behavior coupled with bizarre sights and strange illusions, yet at the core lies character study; soon almost all the participating individuals are stripped of their secrets and immoral vices and self-centeredness. Almost all, because as scary as is the main story line, the real terror unmasks just before the end--and it's terror unforgettable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FURTHERMORE