Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Review: Myles and the Monster Outside: Weird Stories Gone Wrong

Myles and the Monster Outside: Weird Stories Gone Wrong Myles and the Monster Outside: Weird Stories Gone Wrong by Philippa Dowding
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

REVIEW: MYLES AND THE MONSTER OUTSIDE

Almost all children are frightened of the dark (some adults too): in the closet, under the bed, at the top of the stairs..not all are scared of the dark outdoors, but our Myles sure is, and with mighty good reason!

I enjoyed very much the scares in this story (they were numerous); I very much enjoyed the author's talented prose. But on reflection, what I liked best is the moral: some have really vivid imaginations, but that doesn't mean what they see or say Isn't true. Sometimes some see farther or more than others--good on them!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

FURTHERMORE