Sunday, April 19, 2015

Review: DOOMSDAY KIDS BOOK 1: LIAM'S PROMISE by Karyn Langhorne Folan


REVIEW: LIAM'S PROMISE [DOOMSDAY KIDS BOOK 1] by Karyn Langhorne Folan

As a child, I cut my literary teeth on adults' apocalyptic literature: A CANTICLE FOR LEIBOWITZ; TOMORROW!; ON THE BEACH; ALAS, BABYLON; EARTH ABIDES. One consequence of this reading was lifelong phobias; another was an abiding, unending love of the genre--I just can't get enough of it. Third is a need for the vividness, the vicarious experiencing of apocalyptic conditions, that these novels gave me. That experiencing doesn't repeat often enough these days: the field of apocalypse is wide open, but the contenders don't always win. Imagine my utter delight to discover the DOOMSDAY KIDS series!  Author Karyn Langhorne Folan is superb! Once again, I lived vicariously; the moments of the nuclear blast--the sights, the sounds, the heat wave--are still replaying in my memory. What a book. What a series.


No comments:

Post a Comment

FURTHERMORE