Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Bone House by Brian Freeman_Review

The Bone HouseThe Bone House by Brian Freeman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

“The Bone House” was my introduction to the novels of Brian Freeman, and my conviction to read all I could find by this excellent author. Mystery, thriller, relationship-oriented, deep-characterizations, layer upon layer of convoluted plot-what more could a reader ask? Actually I sped through it, simply because it hooked me immediately and I found I didn’t want to stop even to sleep. Mr. Freeman “knows his stuff,” for sure. Not only did I enjoy a superbly plotted mystery (plural, mysteries), with deep characterizations, and so many twists and turns it was like driving at 180 mph on a snaky mountain road, but  I learned so much geographically and historically about the locale, Door County in Wisconsin, Green Bay, and environs-as well as the Gulf locale of Naples, Florida. Mr. Freeman knows how to illustrate small-town life, and the insular society of Washington Island is even more indrawn. I imagine this type of culture could be carried over to, for example, islands off the Maine Coast, and other locales where natives frown on both tourists and newcomers, and secrets can be kept buried throughout generations.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

FURTHERMORE