Thursday, March 22, 2012

Review of There's Something About Miss Wicker by Lisa McCourt Hollar

There's Something About Miss WickerThere's Something About Miss Wicker by Lisa McCourt Hollar

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


12 stars/5

Jumping for joy!! THIS is Horror rendered just the way I like it: terse and tense, graphic and gory, violent and sentimental! Love it! Not to mention unexpected, revelatory, and very, very frightening! “Miss Wicker” is some kind of woman all right-very appealing (when she wants to be) and very empowered at all times. However, her kind of empowerment is not what feminists meant when they urged women to be authentic. Miss Wicker is her own very authentic self-and do we love it! As far as this reviewer is concerned, this is one perfect horror story, and Author Lisa McCourt Hollar has just taken her place on my list of definitely must-read-always authors. When I grow up, can I learn to write like this?





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

FURTHERMORE