Friday, March 23, 2012

Review of Fantasies of the Waking Dreamer by K. W. McCabe

Fantasies of the Waking DreamerFantasies of the Waking Dreamer by K.W. McCabe

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


A brief but poignant collection of seven poems-some short, some lengthier-this is a fine introduction to the poetry of K. W. McCabe. I say poignant, because most of these poems are very melancholy (I would say all except the final poem, “Looking Back,” which is a summation of life and a demonstration of contentment). Most have a strong tone of sadness; particularly so the very heartstrings-tugging “Pass the Birthday Cake.” Among my personal favourites are “Rain,” “Heart’s Dawn: The Death of Cupid,” and the aforementioned “Pass the Birthday Cake,” which will not soon pass out of my memory.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

FURTHERMORE