Saturday, September 5, 2015

Review: Proverb: A Story of the Second Civil War

Proverb: A Story of the Second Civil War Proverb: A Story of the Second Civil War by Brian McCracken
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

REVIEW: PROVERB : A STORY OF THE SECOND CIVIL WAR by Brian McCracken

I've been reading apocalyptic literature since the 1950's--you might say I grew up on it--and I had pretty much surpassed the easily scared stage [except for EMP s, meteor/asteroid impact, and alien invasion]. Then I start reading PROVERB: a whole different story! The first chapter SCARED the daylights out of me, so did the second chapter, and on and on. Guess it's one thing to read about historical wars, or massive assaults "somewhere else"; but in your own country, in your own era, frightening. [Shiver!!] Brian McCracken, a young debut novelist, has delivered a highly talented, very vivid, terrifying possibility. I think we ALL ought to read this--and weep.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

FURTHERMORE