Thursday, September 17, 2015

Review: Drool Baby

Drool Baby Drool Baby by C.A. Newsome
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

REVIEW: DROOL BABY by C. A. Newsome
[Dog Park Mysteries #2]

This is a very absorbing series--makes me want to read consecutively (smile). I would read it just for the dogs, but the good writing, engrossing plotting, and empathetic characters (even the unpleasant and nasty are well-rounded) add to the enjoyment. I'd like to see the series go on and on.

The mystery continues from the first book, A SHOT IN THE BARK. All these deaths, accidental and one murder--a random chaos or the pattern of a deranged mind? At the end of the first, I had my candidate for villain, but throughout this one I wasn't sure if that character was "it" or one other was, which neatly tuned up the suspense level for me. I also appreciated the author's allowing us insight into the mind of the villain. That really improved the story, for me.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

FURTHERMORE